- Smoke alarms provide an early warning of a fire, giving people additional time to escape.
- Working smoke alarms cut the risk of dying in a reported home fire in half.
- Three in every five home-fire deaths result from fires in homes with no smoke alarms (38%) or no working smoke alarms (21%).
- When smoke alarms fail to operate, it is usually because batteries are missing, disconnected, or dead. Dead batteries caused one-quarter (24%)of the smoke alarm failures.
- Interconnected smoke alarms throughout the home increase safety. When one sounds, they all sound. It is especially important to have interconnected alarms if you sleep with the door closed.
We are here to help
If you would like our Fire Marshall to come out and take a look at your smoke detectors please use the contact form to get in contact. If you have a smoke detector sounding please call 911.
Safety TipsSmoke alarms at home
If your smoke alarms are chriping it could mean a few things.
- Debris are blocking the sensor. Remove alarm and clean
- End of life/Low battery - batteries are meant to be replaced every 6 months in smoke alarms.
If you need assistance with your smoke alarm please dial 911